Help us teach your children about this character word of the month!
Definition: truthfulness, sincerity,. or fairness
Ways to show HONESTY:
- Some times it can be hard to tell friend show you really feel, especially if a friend hurt your feelings on accident. Talk to that person privately about hwo you feel. It may make things better.
- Spreading rumors is another way of lying and can hurt others. Stop rumors by refusing to spread them. You have the power to help others!
- Tell the truth, even if that means you will get in trouble. Take responsibility for your actions. The consequences you receive for lying are worse.
- Tell the truth. Others will trust you more.
- To keep friends, you must be honest. Without that trust, a friend will not feel safe talking to you.
- Set a good example. Tell the truth and expect the same in return.
- Honesty builds trust. If you always tell the truth, others will count on you when they need a friend. You will be the one your friends want to talk to.
- Honesty will help you at school. If you nicely explain your thoughts and feelings to your teacher, school counselor, principal, or another adult, he or she can help you.
- If you are honest with your friends, they are more likely to be honest with you. That makes your friendships stronger.
- If you are nervous about telling someone how you feel, try writing them a nice letter. That way, you can say everything you want to say without being too nervous.
- “If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
- “A half truth is a whole lie.” -Yiddish Proverb